Today I am sharing a recipe for a side dish that will wow your family and guests. My friend, Sanjie, shared this recipe with me about 4 years ago and it has been the star of the dinner party every time I’ve served it. It’s a perfect accompaniment for holiday meals. Adults and kids alike love this creamy, cheesy, herby dish. A couple of weeks ago, my sweet 8 year old granddaughter requested it for her special birthday dinner at Grandma’s house. It is TO.DIE.FOR!
Prepare the ingredients: Peel and slice Yukon gold and sweet potatoes. Chop the fresh herbs and mix together. Mix the salt and pepper together. Grate gruyere cheese.
1. Put a layer of potatoes into a buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt/pepper mixture and half of the herb mixture.
2. Spread half of the grated gruyere over potatoes.
3. Add another layer of potatoes and remaining seasonings, herbs, and cheese. At this point you can cover everything with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.
4. When ready to bake, heat the heavy cream, butter, and garlic to a simmer. Remove from the heat and pour over potatoes.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking approximately 20-25 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Linking up with: